Wednesday, October 17, 2018

More Vacation Stitching


 Hi everyone,

A little over a year ago I said to my family...."I have been through my LAST hurricane". (That would be Irma).   They all stared at me like I had finally lost my marbles.  After all, I go back to Hurricane Donna in 1960 so you would think I was ok with hurricanes.  But no... I have decided to re-locate and take them all with me.  So off to North Carolina I go - I've been there twice now this summer and was there last week when Hurricane Michael followed me up there.  And that is no joke- we were leaving Georgia on the way to North Carolina on Wednesday and we were NOT STOPPING.  (Lesson learned: You can run but you cannot hide)  This trip we decided to take the car to see if it was possible to live through THAT experience as well.

Did you know that you can get a LOT of stitching done on a 2 day car trip?  I also found out how much/little you get done stitching per hour.  It took me about 5 hours to stitch this background starting in rush hour in Miami and ending in Jekyll Island, Georgia.

Tonight I finished this little strawberry with the beads and the ribbon.  I've left the striped ribbon a little long until I get it back and then I can trim it post finishing.





Now I can finish my last Halloween candy which was the other vacation stitching I took with me.


Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment