Thursday, October 10, 2019

Finally I Finished Something!

Hi all,

We are still moving in although we have passed the point where its 24/7 unpacking.  I'm waiting on a new bookcase to be built so I can finish my sewing room/office- hopefully that will happen this month.

All summer I've been basketweaving a chair for our clubhouse dining room.  Let me tell you, I have WAY more respect for people who needlepoint all their dining room chairs.  I'm only doing one and it's not easy to stay excited about it.  We refer to it as the "beast" but actually it's a hogfish.  I have had  a lot of consultation on the colors for this fish as I had only seen one on my plate!  Good thing I have friends who dive.








Here's the Kelly Clark ornament that is one of two that go with the North Pole Amy Home Study.  Just finished this today!  Yea!!  At least I was able to use my brain on this one.







Here's a view of my new back yard - no mowing here!




And my new book - awesome Pulitzer Prize winner last year.  Just had to read it in the forest!  My husband bought me the coolest bench.  Not sure where Emily is in this picture - probably chasing rabbits.  She has definitely died and gone to heaven - me too.







 Have a great Thursday - my next finish is a scarf I've been working on forever.  It's so cool here I can wear it around my neck while I knit.  I can hear my friends - "get back to the fish!"

xoxo

Linda

3 comments:

  1. I just happened upon your blog. Richard Powers was my classmate at the Internation School of Bangkok....Class of '75. It's a great book! I'm also an avid needlepointer. Great to find your Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, In 2015 you posted a Cardinal Ornament that you stitched. Do you remember the artist and do you have a stitch guide to sell for that ornament. Thank you, Diane Gasior

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I am just seeing your comment. The cardinal canvas is Melissa Prince and I got it from Creative Stitches in Dallas - they have the canvases and guides on their website

    ReplyDelete