Saturday, October 20, 2018

ROO BEAR ... So Old It's New Again

Hi there,

We are getting our act together in order to sell our  house which means going through all the stuff we have accumulated and deciding what to let go of.  Since I am the stuff collector I really need to get a handle on this.  Right now I'm only emotionally able to ORGANIZE my needlepoint  (not let it go) , but that day too is coming.  Like my friends I have 5 lifetimes worth of KITTED projects to finish!

Here's my first Amy home study from 2008 - back when they weren't so LONG.  Yes, it's Roo Bear.  I got it out to see if I could consolidate the threads and the remaining canvases but there's still too much to do.  This little bear is 10 canvases of which I have done 6.

There are 2 of these (4 panels) - I've done 1 canvas of 2 panels.  Pretty easy stitching.

Tummy and Back - 2 more panels to go



Right Leg

Top of his Head

Ears and Paws

Left Arm

Left Leg


With all that you would think I was almost finished wouldn't you?  After all I've done one arm, both legs,  his ears and paws, the top of his head and half of his tummy/back!

But no there's lots more!  I still have the sides of his head, the other arm, the front pocket where supposedly he's holding his candy (not that real candy will ever touch this bear) and the other panel for his back.  Yep that's 4 more canvases.


So I'm going to start with this one...the other arm.  It's apparently the same pattern as his ear.



My friend Lisa has this too - in fact I think she may have yet another bear in her stash.  She nimbly avoided this by becoming president of our ANG chapter then of the national chapter and then by starting her magnet business.  All of which put Roo Bear (and everything else) on the back burner...but her day is coming.  She's younger than I am so I guess she figures she has more time!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I just inherited a partially stitched Roo Bear from a departed stitching pal. Maybe, I should look it over more carefully when my emotions settle down. Good luck with yours -- as you said, there's not much more to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great piece Linda and I have to confess I have this untouched as well!

    ReplyDelete