Saturday, March 3, 2012

Order out of Chaos

Hi everyone,

This is a busy time of year for us.  I am fighting to get outside and play golf (while I still can - it's already in the mid 80s) and I am trying to organize my paperwork for tax season.  So there isn't much time left for needlepoint.  Truth be told, I mainly needlepoint in the summer when we are limited in our time outside.

The organization bug has led me ONCE AGAIN into my closet where I can visit all my unfinished projects.  I seem to have a lot of small ones to finish - one's that only need a few days work.  Just this week I finally finished my Valentine Heart which I will have made into a door hanger for next year.  If I finish the February angel from Needle Works then I will have three Valentine decorations.  Sort of sad when I could decorate 4 Christmas trees with what I have now!

Valentine Heart from Needlepoint Now

I also received my Mom's sleigh back from Needle House.  So she now has three (of twelve) pieces of her Gingerbread Village.  These are super easy to stitch and Nancy has a great stitch guide so I may try and whip out another one soon.

Gingerbread Village sleigh


We are headed out on our boat for a trip across Florida through Lake Okeechobee next week so of course my main concern is what needlepoint to bring.  We did this trip when our girls were younger and it was so beautiful that I have always wanted to do it again.  This time however we are on a MUCH smaller boat that has 2 speeds - fast and faster! Which doesn't always lend itself to careful stitching so Rebecca and her Scout will be staying at home with the babysitter..

Happy stitching,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment