Friday, January 20, 2012

Santa Parade Update

Hi everyone,

At our last ANG meeting we had a review of our unfinished projects (ugly).  I am supposed to finish my Santa Parade and quite honestly it was the first time I had looked at it since it was chosen last year.  It actually wasn't so bad ...meaning not too daunting.   I have been working on it and have a few photos of my progress.

Here is the polar bear.  He's all done (along with the duck) and I love how the covered buttons look on the hat strings.  That's the "detached buttonhole over found object" technique that is on Amy's DVDs.  Have I mentioned how invaluable those DVDs are?  I will also be using this on my grapes on the Elegant Thanksgiving garland so it was a good review.




Here is the bird - all beaded!



When I was doing the beading I broke my tacky bob.  I think I have as many broken tacky bobs as whole ones!   Instead of throwing it away - it has been resurrected as a "half bob attached with magnet".   Works pretty well.  I feel so good about recycling.



I am going to try Ruth's method with the covered memory wire for the candy cane when I get my last installment of the Christmas Tree Farm this week.  Then I can finish Santa!

Have a fun weekend,

Linda

5 comments:

  1. Looks adorable. One of my stitching friends has done the Halloween Parade and the Easter Parade for her granddaughter. I hope you finish soon. I want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph. I finished the hat on the snowman after posting this so I am cruising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing Elegant Thanksgiving also. I am really stuck on the garland and would like to see what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say that I love what you have done so far on the Christmas march. These canvases are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas march looks fabulous! Mine is in my stash awaiting inspiration.

    ReplyDelete