Friday, February 3, 2012

Santa Baby


Santa Parade


Hi everyone,

I have mastered my fear of the punch needle (maybe).  A few years ago we did a class project at Absolutely Needlepoint on the Needlepoint Queen and I dutifully did my homework UNTIL it came to the punch needle coat.   I'll bet you can guess what happened...I stabbed myself!  And when you stab yourself with a punch needle it is bloody and you do not forget about it and try again.  It is NOT like getting back on a horse!  It is more along the lines of a young child putting his hand on the stove (is that orange glow really hot?) - yes I did that too.

I was working on the pompom on Santa's hat and the stitch guide called for turkey work.  I got out my Amy dvd to review and did you know there are several kinds of turkey work depending on the look you want?  I wanted the pompom to stand straight up so I opted for "jump through the loop" turkey work, but when I put it in it was just too thin.  So I studied Amy doing the punch needle and of course she made it look so easy!  That's what it's actually called...Oh Sew Easy!  I practiced on the doodle canvas - yes that's necessary- and I managed to get it in to the canvas and then when I was trimming and feeling Oh So Good and Proud, I stabbed myself with the curved task scissors.

Santa with punch needle pompom
Santa and his bear

Tomorrow is "Stitch in Public" Day so we are taking small projects to the shopping mall.   Enjoy the song..







Linda

2 comments:

  1. I never knew needlepoint was a dangerous sport! Be careful so you can keep at it. I love your stuff.

    Stephanie
    stephsstitching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Steph I manage to make everything I do a contact sport!

    ReplyDelete