Monday, November 25, 2013

A New Needlepoint Category

Christmas Train Wheels


There are so many categories for needlepoint....Christmas, Halloween, standups, ornaments, pillows and so on.  I have a new one.

The WHY DIDN'T I FINISH THIS WHEN I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING?????  category.  It's almost that season again and this year I would really like to work on finishing my Raymond Crawford Christmas train.  Here is one of the wheels.  That's a smooth spider in the center.  Why oh why didn't I do the last 3 wheels when it was oh so easy and I had the same tension in my stitching???  I think it's been 2 years since I took this class and while I keep up pretty well while the class is going on, when I get to the last lesson and actually finishing...I am a disaster.

Here's a few more glimpses of parts of the train that look almost FOREIGN to me




I have to recreate the stitch in the tree for the wreaths in the windows of the third car :-(

And here are some bows....did I actually do that????





Enjoy Thanksgiving!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment