Monday, November 4, 2013

Susan Portra Takes On Jurassic Park

Ally about to eat Lisa's Texas magnet



Hi everyone,

Here's my canvas from last weekend's Bring your Canvas to Life class with Susan Portra at Needlepoint in Paradise in Naples.  All around me were beautiful flowers, Christmas stockings and standups, The Thanksgiving March and the Christmas March.   What did I have??  You guessed it...a Florida Gator.  That's what happens when you let your husband pick out the canvas :)  Yes those are real pearl teeth!

I learned oh so many tips from class so here is one.  Do you ever make a huge mess of your floss when you pull on it?   Here's the tip

With Anchor Floss




first you push the tabs together


Then pull the thread from the TOP




With DMC floss, push the tabs together as before




and pull from the BOTTOM




She also showed us a super cool way to make a realistic Christmas tree, but I need to try it out first.  You use looped turkey work as the layers of the tree. (I learned that from watching her teach the Christmas March).

Me...I learned how to make water move!  I'll clean up "Ally" and get some stitches to show you next time.

Have a great week!


Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment