Friday, July 25, 2014

Chinese Kite Flyers

Hi there,

Here's the inspiration for the kite flying girls...see the butterfly kites in the lower right corner?




And here are my girls....




With their kites...The kites are outlined in Tinore thread which is wire wrapped in gold.  And the strings are in the same thread.  It's nice because its so thin and pliable but I'm not sure it's available anymore.



And the little girls in the middle



 And now I go back to the Valentine Basket to rest my eyes for a while.  You will be seeing lots of pink!

Have a great weekend,


Linda

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I would love to have a pillow or a kit! trishdiggins@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I should add my daughter is from China and this would be an amazing add to her room!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this needlework canvas available? If so, where might I find it?
    Thanks
    Hillary McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a Melissa Shirley canvas from my stash. Not sure if it's still available

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. If you happen to find it please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Hillary McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since it's so old maybe your best bet is ordering from your LNS or searching Ebay or the sites that sell your stash

    ReplyDelete