Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ocean Reef Art Show

Today was taken over with my dog's annual  visit to the vet and flying to Ocean Reef in Key Largo to sign up with the Coast Guard for the Small Vessel Reporting System.  That's so we can go to the Bahamas and back and file our "float plan" by email. (Yes, we also have a boat)  

 Now, we spent an hour with the nice Coast Guard man who had to  hear all about how I was BORN in Miami because evidently he's never met anyone like that and as we endured this I kept thinking.....are the drug smugglers going to do this?  But you don't bring any of that up in front of the Coast Guard!  We did get lunch and then had approximately 15 minutes before we had to get back to Miami to pick up the dog.  I know that is TMI, but we stopped at the Ocean Reef Art Show and this is what we SAW:

Geisha stitched by Margie Smith
Geisha 
My photos do not do justice to this piece - even Eric declared the stitcher "Black Belt!!"  It has to be the most beautiful Geisha I have ever seen.

Keep looking up!

Linda

2 comments:

  1. I am curious...did the person that stitched the Geisha have a stitch guide? You probably don't know but I have the same canvas and have had it for about 5 years and would love to get a guide if there is one.

    I just discovered your blog and love it.

    If you have any info about the geisha please let me know.

    Sue VanderNoor
    Calif
    Suestich@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue - I will try and get in touch with her and let you know! Thanks for reading!! Do you have your own blog?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete