Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Put Away the Halloween Candy and Bring out the Turkey!

Hi everyone,


We are back from a six day helicopter trip to Blackberry Farm in Tennessee to see the Fall leaves.


Cades Cove, Tennessee



We had beautiful weather (! ) and got back just in time before the bad weather set in.  Have you ever gone on vacation and taken too many projects?  No kidding - I didn't put in one stitch - hit the bed each night and was OUT!  Well, my hands are rested and ready to go!

Here is the Halloween candy that I "thought"  I was going to whip right through on my trip. (Just finished last night)

Halloween Candies


Yesterday I put away all the Halloween needlepoint and brought out Thanksgiving....


Absolutely Needlepoint Turkey
I love Thanksgiving.  Especially the part where we make everyone at the table say what they are thankful for.  I am going to start with the amazing coincidence that my kids are arriving from LA and Chicago within one-half hour of one another!  THANK YOU!!  Let's hope the airlines stick to that schedule.

Tomorrow a post about a special place in Georgia where gas is on the honor system!

Linda


2 comments:

  1. This turkey is too cute! Where did you get him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! He is from Absolutely Needlepoint in Miami, Florida. He has 10 feathers and 2 wings which are line drawn. Each feather has a color theme and is divided into sections which are done in different stitches. He was a great project!

    ReplyDelete